Catalog Machine can quickly import or update products from your Magento site. After import you can add additional custom fields and images to products for use in catalogs.
To import products from Magento 1.x or 2.x site follow the steps below (see legacy import steps at the end of article).
A. Add New Integration
Enable API in the next tab: Catalog | Inventory | Products and Stores | Attributes | Products
B. Copy Consumer and Access tokens and add them to configuration in Catalog Machine
C. Preview and import selected products
D. Filter products
You can filter products by standard attributes (name, sku, price, etc.) and by custom attributes.
You can use wildcard % for the value to search by pattern, eg. adid% or %das or %di%
A. Configure Magento to enable service access to products from the System menu
1. Add a role for the service (System > Web Services > REST - Roles)
These Role API resource access required
2. Define attributes for retrieval (System > Web Services > REST - Attributes)
Here is the list of minimal attributes needed. You can add more and we will match name with your product category field (e.g. Color)
3. Create and copy Consumer Key and Secret in Magento Admin (System > Web Services > REST - OAuth Consumers)
4. Add Administrator user to this role (System -> Permissions -> Users)
Import from Catalog Machine
2. Copy Consumer Key and Secret and adjust admin part if you have different than admin (e.g. for http://mymagentosite.com/admin123, you should enter admin123)
3. Authorize Catalog Machine. First connection will require you to login as admin and authorize app.
4. Select products for import or update. Choose a product category (if you selected new unimported products) and click Import. Optionally, you can import products into a collection.
5. You products, images and combinations are imported and can be used now to create catalogs!
Legacy Magento Import Steps
A. Configure Magento Store for enabling Catalog Machine access
Set up a Web Services user and role for Catalog Machine from the System | Web Services menu:
- Create a new role
- Assign required permissions for the new role (more details below)
- Create a new user: provide User Name and API key that you will use for connection from Catalog Machine.
- Assign this new user to the new role
Permissions required for the new Catalog Machine role:
- Catalog | Product | Retrieve products data
- Catalog | Product | Product Attributes | Attribute Sets | List
- Catalog | Product | Product Attributes | Attribute Sets | Retrieve attribute data
- Catalog | Product | Product Images
- Catalog | Category | Retrieve category data
- Catalog | Category | Retrieve categories tree
- Catalog | Category | Assigned products (uncheck Remove, Update, Assign)
Required Magento Role permissions
5. Check if Services (System | Configuration) > Magento Core API > WS-I Compliance is set to No in the system configuration menu.
6. Catalog Machine needs PHP SOAP extension (“soap.so”) in order to communicate with your Magento store through the API. You can check if your Magento application has a full SOAP support by browsing to the page:
It should give you an XML-document explaining more about the usage of SOAP. If you see the message “0 Unable to load Soap extension on the server” or “0 SOAP extension is not loaded”, SOAP support is missing from the Webserver.
Normally this is something that your web hosting provider would have to install, so we recommend contacting them and asking them to install it. For RPM-based Linux distributions this is installed with the command “yum install php-soap”. Also, note that the PHP SOAP extension is not the same thing as the PEAR SOAP extension.
B. Connect Catalog Machine to Magento
Go to Magento account page
Enter your Magento store web address, User Name and API key that you created on the previous step.
C. Create a Product Category for Magento products
Create a new product category based on existing Magento attribute set. First free image fields will be used for loading images for the product based on Magento image sort order.
D. Import and update products from Magento store
Select and sync Magento products to create or update them in Catalog Machine product database. The product attributes will be matched to the field name of the Catalog Machine product category.
- Get products from Magento store. You can optionally filter them by category of product type.
- Select products for import.If the product already imported, make sure you have selected the same category for import.
- Select import category and click Import products.You can optionally override prices of configurable product from the first associated simple product.