There are few ways to create your catalog. You can use one approach or all of them in one catalog.
1. Manual – drag and drop elements from the right sidebar (text, images, products) and arrange them as you wish. This approach is a simple way, but labor-intensive and requires good understanding how do you want your pages to look like.
2. Templates – prepare templates that contain reusable fragments of product content elements including product field placeholders. Once you add a product to the page and choose a template, it will automatically render template elements with product field information and images. You can add multiple products at once with the same template. Read how to create or customize templates.
Quick Catalog Builder is an effective way to build a catalog with templates.
Benefits of using templates:
- link to the product – once product information changes, the template will be automatically updated,
- changes to template design will be automatically applied in every page all your catalogs use this template.
- a template can take a fraction of the page, and several of them can be used on one page creating multi-product pages,
- same templates can be used in Showroom (a dynamic and searchable catalog of your products).
However, a template can display one product only and look the same way for all products without an option to tweak it. There is another alternative for building product pages – Layout.
3. Layout – an arrangement of various elements to quickly build a nice professionally looking page by drag and drop.
By adding a layout, you add placeholders for several page elements in one click. Once layout is added, you can drag and drop a product or an image to the placeholder, and it will be converted into the text or image element linked to the product. You can also change and resize any element for this specific page.
You can create your own layouts. Also, layouts can be shared between different accounts, and there is a set of standard layouts available for any user.