Create and update product data and images with one CSV file import.
You can update all or selected fields for existing products.
Catalog Machine can import products from CSV file into multiple product categories.
Create or update your product categories for the fields you are planning to import:
- Review product categories and fields
- Add new fields you are planning to import
- Make sure your fields have the right type - Text, Image, Rich Text, Number, Money, etc.
Prepare CSV file
You can re-format existing CSV file with your products to meet our requirements or download CSV file from Catalog Machine the in right format:
- Import template with all your fields from import page
- Use product export to get CSV file for existing products that you can re-import after editing in an external spreadsheet program.
Edit your CSV file with product information in Excel, Google docs , OpenOffice or other spreadsheet programs.
Image fields (Image type in product category field) support three source formats:
- Relative path - for already uploaded images (folder / image name) in Catalog Machine storage - e.g. Products/123.png
- Absolute url - any public web address of the image (starting with http:// or https://) - e.g. http://mysite/com/images/product.png. Catalog Machine will download and add these images to the storage.
- Data url - encoded image content in the string (starting from data:image/jpeg;base64,/) - e.g. data:image/png; base64,/9j/4AAQSkZ... You can use Catalog Machine export or tools like https://dopiaza.org/tools/datauri to generate Data url
You cannot import images from your desktop, but can from public links to Dropbox, Google Drive images, etc.
Important format notes:
- The first row should have the same column names as the product Category fields.
- Select a default category for the new products on the first step or include a Category column with the category name that matches existing category.
- A product Code column is mandatory to help matching it with existing products or to create a new product if Code doesn't exist in your product database.
- Columns for Rich Text fields ( Rich Text type in product category field) can contain plain text or basic html (css is not supported).
- Code, Name, Rank (used for ordering products in Showroom) and Showcase (status in Showroom: 1 - show, 0 - hide) are special fields for any product category.
- Ensure that your product category contains all custom fields with correct name and type
Save the file in CSV format
- Excel (save in Unicode format to support non-Latin characters):
- Google Drive:
Read more about Asian characters import and use.
Alternatively, you can copy cells from your spreadsheet program and paste as a text on the next step.
- Navigate to Product import page or click CSV submenu under Import
- Select target import product category
- Upload prepared CSV file to start import or paste CSV text from your spreadsheet program
- Ensure that the import is successful and don't have any errors that require correction