Online Catalog and Showroom visitors can send Product Orders (or Product Quotes / Requests) to contact you regarding your products.
Read how to set up online payments for online ordering.
Read step-by-step guide how to set up Online Ordering System if you are starting with Catalog Machine.
To enable and manage Order Requests follow the steps below.
1. Enable Order Requests for Showroom
Go to Showroom management page and enable Order Requests option
2. Enable Order Requests for any Catalog
Go to a catalog page settings, click Orders button and enable Order Requests.
Once the feature is enabled you can view incoming Order Requests on this page (see below for general order requests page).
3. Enter Email and Language for Order Requests (optionally)
Go to My Business page and enter email for receiving order requests. If this email is empty, order requests will be sent to your default email address.
You can set your User Site Language on this page to make Order Requests accessible on your customer language.
4. Order Request Settings
Configure order request settings from Order Requests page.
- Custom caption for the button and order form
- Enable product prices and totals for order requests
- Enable product variants (displayed for products that have variants) with fields
- Fill order form header and footer.
- Add custom fields for the order form
- · Select product fields that will be added to a notification email, presented at the order request form for your client and order request details page for you.
- Configure a notification email sent to your customer
5. Order Request List, Details and Management.
Go to Order Requests page from right sidebar to access list and details pages.
On the list page
- Manage simple order request life-cycle: Accept, Reject or Close order requests or just delete them. These actions are available from list and details pages.
- Filter orders by text, status, products, and dates
- Export orders in CSV format
Click on Order ID to access Order Request Details.
You can add your notes on Order Request Details page.
Manage order numbers
Change order request number by clicking on it and entering the number that will be synchronized with your system. All new orders after that one will be automatically enumerated using your system (ex. Renamed last order is 1234, the next one will be 1235). The system recognizes only the numerical part of the order name. So, if you name the order ABC1234 the next one will still be 1235.
6. Automate inventory management
Whenever your customer makes an order request, the inventory system will automatically decrease the number of available product variants by the ordered quantity. For example, I had 5 blue T-Shirts and a client order 2 of them. After the order submission, the system will show only 3 available products. At the same time, whenever the number in the order will exceed the available quantity of the product, the ordering function will be automatically disabled. It will help you to avoid selling unavailable products.
To enable automated inventory management feature go to Orders and click Setting at the right part of the screen. Find an Automated inventory management system as it is presented at the picture and turn it on.
7. Order Requests process for your visitors.
Visitors of your catalog or Showroom can simply select any product and click Order Request button on top toolbar. They can send a request to you by filling basic information about them.
You will receive email notification and also can access all order requests from pages described in previous steps.