Group products into hierarchical collections for better organization and use. A product could be included in multiple collections with custom ordering. You can create collections manually or by importing products from CSV or e-stores. Learn how to use collections to add products to the catalog.
You can use collections for
- Automated catalog pages
- Showroom navigation
- Quick product filtering
- Product Price Lists
To create and use collections follow the steps below
1. Navigate to Collection page
2. Create top and sub collections in a tree
Image thumbnail will be displayed in navigation and along with description in Showroom and other pages.
3. Add products and manage collections
- Add products one by one or add all filtered products at once.
- Remove products individually or all (from Actions menu)
- Reorder products manually by drag and drop or all by property (from Actions menu)
4. Quickly add or remove products from the product edit and batch edit pages
Product Grids - Automated Catalog Pages
Use Product Grids to add products in collection as a catalog pages with selected template. Adding products to collection will automatically update catalog without need to edit a catalog.
1. Choose your collection
2. Select a grid size and template
3. Now you have an automated catalog pages that will be generated as online catalog or PDF for download
Use collections as a main navigation in your Product Showroom. Enable collection use for navigation on the Showroom page. If you have a large collection tree you can enable auto collapse of menu items.
Showroom will display collections as a left side navigation instead of default category tree.
Image thumbnail will be displayed in a menu and a collection description as a page header
Import products into collections from CSV or e-stores
Product Price List
A collection can be a source for product price list configuration. Read more about product price lists.